JOIN US FOR AN EVENING OF CONVERSATION, MUSIC AND POETRY SLAM TO CELEBRATE THAT THIS UNIQUE RELAY RACE ON CLIMATE CHANGE IS COMING TO UPPSALA!
Time: 19.00-around 22.00 (Doors and bar open at 17.00)
Place: Uppsala Stadsteater, Kungsgatan 53, Uppsala
Run for your life is a relay race across Northern Europe to promote climate justice and a sustainable future. As the runners pass Uppsala we gather to listen to stories, songs, talks and different perspectives on living in an era of climate change. The live-stream from the race will be will be projected on a screen so show up early to watch the runners (and their stories) approach Uppsala!
Run for your Life is a project run be Riksteatern. The Uppsala event is organized by Uppsala Kommun and a number of other organizations in Uppsala working in one way or another with the challenges of climate change.
Visit the Facebook page for updates on the runners and more:https://www.facebook.com/events/164066913944932/
The event will be in both swedish and english, it’s free and open to everyone interested.
17:00 Doors and Bar open. Live stream from the Run for your life website
19:00 Performance by Uppsala Cathedral’s Youth Choir
* Welcome speech from the event’s facilitators (Eng)
* The R4YL project is presented by Riksteatern and project organizers in Uppsala (Eng)
* Discussion between Pär Holmgren, meteorologist and climate expert, and Doreen Stabinsky, visiting professor of climate leadership Uppsala University (English)
* Stories from the runners part 1 (Swe)
* Uppsala University’s COP21 delegation gives us a dramaturgical insight into climate negotiations and what is at stake in Paris (Eng)
* Stories from the runners part 2 (Swe)
* Poetry Slam with Rut Alice, scene poet
20:20-20:40 BREAK with mingle and music in the theater bar
* Music performance by Robin Andersson of Run For Your Life (Eng)
* Performance by Uppsala Cathedral’s Youth Choir
* Panel discussion on climate change, regional challenges and opportunities
Pär Holmgren, meteorologist / climate expert / natural distaster specialist, Maria Gardfjell, member of the Uppsala City Council (Green), Anna Rehnberg, Uppsalahem, Fanny Sannerud, Fossil Free Uppsala, Carl Lindberg, Chair of the Uppsala City Council and Previous special advisor to UNESCO (Swe)
* Stories from the runners part 3 (Swe)
* Music performance by Staffan Lindberg
21:45 Summary of the evening and update from the R4YL race! (Eng)
22:00-00:00 Event ends and the bar mingle with screening from the race begins!
More information on the Run for your life Project: http://runforyourlife.nu/en/