Sustainable Development – Project Management and Communication 2018
Spring 2018 weeks 03-22 (15 January – 3 June) – day time – 50% – Campus
Application at antagning.se »
Application Deadline: 2017-10-16
Enrolment Code: UU-69510
Language of Instruction: English
Selection: Higher education credits
Entry Requirements: 60 credits
Fees: If you are not a citizen of a European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA) country, or Switzerland, you are required to pay application or tuition fees. Formal exchange students will be exempted from tuition fees, as well as the application fee. Read more about fees.
Application Fee: SEK 900
Tuition fee, first semester: SEK 32500
Tuition fee, total: SEK 32500
About the course
Do you want do a sustainability project, reach others and change the world? Then this is a course for you!
The students carry out a local project in international and interdisciplinary groups that in one way or another aims to contribute to sustainable development. The students come up with a project idea that is shaped in lectures, workshops and seminars and is further developed through peer review and feedback sessions. When the project proposal has been accepted, the students run their project with the support of the course coordinators and CEMUS as a resource base. The project is ultimately presented in a project report, and in an outreach context at CEMUS Sustainability Festival at the end of each semester. The project should combine theoretical and practical skills with method knowledge – all of which are practiced throughout the course. Focus is put on critically discussing and presenting the project results in both writing and speech. While there are some individual assignments, the main focus is on group work and assignments.
Welcome to the Sustainable Development – Project Management and Communication course for Fall 2017! Hope you are getting excited for our journey together this semester. We are looking forward to meeting you all! Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com if you have any questions. ‘
Katie and Isabel
- Welcome Letter SDPMC Fall 2017
- Course Information SDPMC Fall 2017
- Schedule SDPMC Fall 2017 (Last Update 9 October)
- General Grading Criteria
- How to Reference (Harvard System – Anglia Ruskin University)
- Language and Writing Support
- Support Services for all students and Special Pedagogical Support
Lecture slides and other class resources found here
- The Course Reader
- Holmes et al. (2011), The Common Cause Handbook, PIRC
- Lilliesköld and Eriksson (2009), Handbook for Small Projects, Liber
and one of the following:
- Chouinard (2016), Let My People Go Surfing, Penguin Books
- Gladwell (2011) Outliers, Little, Brown and Company
Individual Assignment Instructions
Group Project Instructions
- Project Proposal
- Collaborative Agreement
- Project Pitch
- Project Plan (including Stakeholder Analysis template)
- Project Short Film
- Tips for Project Proposal and Plan
Make Up Tasks
ALL SUBMISSIONS will be made at www.studentportalen.uu.se
30th August Sustainable Development and the End of History
Latest version of the Schedule has been uploaded. Please note the inclusion of the open events happening in Uppsala this week, including William Powers and Rob Hopkins’s talks tomorrow.
See you this morning in Kollaboratoriet for the pitches!
A reminder to complete the personality test excercise for tomorrow’s class on Team Dynamics.
1. Paolo from Tuesday’s Artivism has passed on some additional reading material based on your questions. This resource – ReImagining Change – An Introduction to Story-Based Strategy can be found in the course reader.
2. There are some upcoming events at CEMUS including the UUCCPlatform meeting Wednesday 17-18, the Project Cafe this Thursday 15-17 and an art space at Kulterenatten on Saturday 15-18. We highly encourage attending! More information can be found here:
A reminder for tomorrow’s Silent Walk to come prepared to be outside for some hours (i.e. dress for all weather!) and maybe bring something to sit on if it’s wet (e.g. jacket, plastic bag).
We also found a map to help you navigate the maze that is EBC
A reminder to complete the evaluations after each class – they are an important source of feedback for us.
Katie and Izzie